The following is the text of an e-mail sent to the USS Magoffin Veterans Association from Debra Michelle Spulock.
My name is Debra Michelle Spurlock, and I am the 2004 recipient of the USS Magoffin Scholarship from Magoffin County High School.
I am the 18 year old daughter of Willie and Sandy Spurlock of Salyersville, KY.
The following is information about me...
Extracurricular activities -
- Beta Club - Chapter Secretary
- Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America - chapter Vice President for Parliamentary Procedure, Region 11 Parliamentarian, STAR Events competitor state and regional Level
- Future Business Leaders of America - Chapter Reporter
- Mu Alpha Theta (Math Club)
- Students Against Destructive Decisions
- Champions Against Drugs
- Student Technology Leadership Program - I won second place in the state of Kentucky for Senior Memories Videos
- Christian Youth Club
- Yearbook Staff
- Science Club
Future Plans -
Going to the movies, bowling, spending time with family and friends, and working a part-time job at a local Subway.
Attend Morehead State University in the Fall of 2004 and earn a Bachelors degree in Business Administration with an option in Computer Information Systems.
I can't thank the members of the USS Magoffin enough for giving me this scholarship. It will enable me to further my education and to earn my degree in Business Adm.
Thanks.Debra Michelle Spurlock
The following photos were taken the night of May 11th, 2004 after the presentation ceremony.
|| Tom Haglage, chairman of the USS Magoffin Educational Fund with the latest recipient of the Veterans Association scholarship: Debra Michelle Spurlock and her proud Mother, Sandy Spurlock. Debra is a 2004 graduate of Magoffin County High School and will be attending Morehead State University - Kentucky's University of the Mountains.
Debra is the 7th Magoffin County High School graduate to receive our scholarship and the first to receive the new $1000 prize.
(left) Magoffin County Superintendent of schools, Mr. Don Cecil with Tom Haglage
(right) 2004 Scholarship Recipient, Debra Michelle Spurlock with Magoffin County High School Principal, Mr. William Helton and Tom
||Two views of Debra Spurlock and Tom